Hello lovelies! This officially kicks off the Chi-Town Chinos Sewalong!
Today I have an inspiration board for you. This is meant to help you visualize the chinos in different colors, different ways to style them, how to dress them up or down, etc. I’m embedding a Pinterest board so that you can easily click through to the sources and re-pin on your own boards. This pattern is very versatile and there are quite possibly dozens of different versions waiting for you to make!
Some of these–especially the skirts–are constructed a bit differently than this pattern. I just want to inspire you with different materials and styling. That being said–it would be fairly straight-forward to alter this pattern to remove the center front seam (and with it the fly zip) and add an exposed zip to the center back seam or an invisible zip to the side seam, so dream big!
(If you’re receiving this via email and it isn’t displaying correctly, you’ll need to open it in your browser.)
I hope you’re inspired! I’ll be back on Wednesday with our supplies post!
Below you will find the list of links to each blog post in the sewalong. If you have any questions, absolutely feel free to e-mail me.
- Introducing the Chi-Town Chinos Sewing Pattern
- Introducing the Chi-Town Chinos Expansion Packs
- Chi-Town Chinos Tester Round-Up
- Chi-Town Chinos Expansion Pack Tester Round-Up
- Part 1 : Inspiration
- Part 2 : Supplies
- Part 3 : Customizing the Pattern
- Part 4 : Fitting + Finishing
- Part 5 : Prepwork
- Part 6 : Front Pockets
- Part 7 : Fly Front
- Part 8 : Back Assembly + Final Fitting
- Part 8.5 : Welt Pockets
- Part 9 : Waistband, Center Back Seam, Inseam, Side Seams
- Part 10 : Belt Loops, Bar Tacks, Hemming, Front Closure