I’ve liked spaghetti squash since the first time I made it earlier this year. Not only do I love squash, but it’s a healthy alternative to regular spaghetti! However, it can get bland if you don’t change it up (I’ve tried a red sauce, as well as a sautéed mushroom sauce). So when I found this recipe, I was excited to say the least!
2 lbs spaghetti squash
6 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped red pepper
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup fresh baby spinach
1/2 cup drained artichoke heart
1/3 cup pitted Greek olive, chopped
2 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
1. Cut the squash in half lengthwise, discard seeds.
2. Place squash cut side down on a microwave-safe plate.
3. Microwave uncovered on high for 15-18 minutes or until tender.
Check out this sweet little guy that parked himself right in front of the stove. 🙂
4. In a skillet, sauté the chicken, onion, red pepper, garlic, oregano, basil, salt and pepper in oil until chicken is no longer pink.
5. Stir in the spinach, artichokes and olives and cook until spinach is wilted.
6. When spaghetti squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to separate strands.
7. Serve chicken mixture over 2 cups of squash.
8. Sprinkle with feta cheese.
And wah-la! Greek spaghetti squash. Definitely going to be making this again.
Never miss a thing.
Receive every blog post directly in your inbox.
You have successfully subscribed!
We will never share your personal information.
Don't miss out.
Sign up for our periodic newsletter to hear of updates, pattern testing opportunities, and future sales.